I am probably like many of you. There are things I would like to change or do; a new year a new beginning. So why not make a resolution? Because I am so bad about keeping them !
This year I am going to suggest a resolution to all my knitters and I am going to help you achieve it - Learn to Crochet! And why would I suggest that? Well, I can give you 10 reasons (not necessarily in order of importance)
1. To Fix Mistakes in knitting - Picking up dropped stitches couldn't be easier
2. Expand your finishing techniques - Sometimes a crocheted edge is just the ticket
3. Something else to do with your stash - Having trouble deciding what to do with that variegated yarn ?
Many times crochet enhances the color changes or is helpful using up those odds and ends.
4. Cast on - a crochet cast on is a great provisional cast on and also mimics a traditional knitting bind off making the
beginning and end of your scarf the same.
5. Crochet hooks are cheaper than knitting needles ( and you need fewer) and the more money you will have for
6. Make a baby blanket in a hurry - Have you ever been caught with a last minute need for a baby gift (or just
mismanaged your time)?
7. Hide knitting mistakes by adding trims and embellishments - Flowers and lace edgings are great to have in your
8. Rests your knitting muscles - It's always good to change things up.
9. So you can crochet in front of the knitters that don’t know how
10. And even better ... So you can surprise the crocheters that can’t knit!
So how am I going to help you with this resolution? Come by the shop on Thursday, January 8 or January 15 during our 5:30 Thirsty Thursdays and we will teach you the basics - free !
Happy New Year !